Thursday, December 2, 2010


Roots

In this season of Thanksgiving my mind immediately goes to my family. Not just to my immediate family, but my family of long ago; the one’s that I didn’t have the privilege of meeting. I’m so thankful for the one’s that started the Christian faith and for the one’s that carried on the Christian faith so that I and my family would have such grounded and deep roots in Jesus Christ. These are the roots that produce a life of joyful abundance. Our life thrives because our roots grow deep into God’s purpose.

Without these deep roots, our faith in Jesus, our family in the season of storms would have nothing to cling to. There would be no hope or seem to be no way out. We would feel defeated. Our limbs would be sagging, leaves would be falling of the branches, and we would not have any fruit to bear in the future. Our security and future depend upon our deep roots plunging purposefully into the purposes of God.

No comments: