Monday, March 16, 2009

I am afraid I can't hold out.

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

1 Corinthians 10:13


There are some who will give the excuses, "I am afraid I can't hold out." That is very true to life, for no one can live the Christian life in his own strength; it is by the power of God that we are kept.

We are kept by the power of God through the faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. God has promised eternal life, and that we shall not perish, and that is if we stay in the center of His will, walk int he light, and keep our devotional life up to date, and prayer life up to date; then we are able to hold out and embrace the situation. "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy."

"I am afraid I will be tempted."

You are sure to be tempted, even Jesus was tempted, but remember that God is able to deliver and rescue us from the power of Satan.

1 Corinthians 10:13, we have these comforting words: No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." Some people don't wait for God to make the way of escape-a way out; and yield to the temptation.

We may have a hard time, litter temptations and throw it out to the garbage. The devil may hit hard at times, but if you have a good case of "old time religion" (I'm not talking about Sunday school religion, I am speaking about the old time holiness religion, that form of religion that was tried in the fiery furnace, that makes you love everybody and the kind it will take to get to Heaven), if you have that version, you can stand the storm, and come out with victory in you soul!

Hazel Hodges (Granddaddy) 1948
and
Leann Shoffner (Granddaughter) 2009

No comments: