I dedicated this blogspot back to family and will be posting about family things and life experiences. I have a new blogspot that will be just for coupons and saving money. That's sarahssavers.blogspot.com if you are interested. Lots of neat deals on that one.
Here's what's been going on in the Shoffner family in 2010:
All the kids are out of the house except Christopher who is 16 and moving towards his drivers license as well as his pilots license. Yes, you read that right. No need go back and read it again. I said Pilots license. Don't get me started. That's something his wonderful dad got him started in on. Not only do I get to worry about him driving on the road, but also flying a plane. Let's get off that subject before I have a heart attack.
Michael is now living at the beach being a beach bum, but we seem to see him more now than we did when he lived here. Funny how that works. Just waiting for him to make decisions about life!! He's 21 years old. It's time to start thinking about those things. He's waiting on that "get rich quick" scheme to happen.
Jennifer seems to be finally happy with her life! She's turning 24 in October and is planning on attending college this fall. She's working at Harris Teeter in the Deli dept. She's a very strong, independent young lady, that would do anything for you!
Preston is turning 21 in a couple of weeks and is working for a temp agency at various jobs. His looking into going back to school to become a Fire fighter. He's been researching the field and talking with people he knows in the field to learn more about it. He is dating a young lady who he has fallen head over hills in love with. They plan to marry in the 2011! Yes, I'm excited!!! I will get not only a wonderful daughter-in-law that loves my son, but two beautiful granddaughters!! And if you know me well, you know that I've been waiting for that day for a very long time.
Rick is still working hard at his job, but is finding time to fly a lot. His working with the Air force Axillary with Christopher along side of him. He's a GREAT husband and wonderful father!! I couldn't ask for better!
As for me, no need to mention my age. That's not important. I'm doing well. I've been staying at home more than working. The hospital has cut back, so since I'm a relief position my hours go first. Really that's okay with me. I couldn't work much anyway due to the chronic pain that I've been dealing with for the past several years. I've been bounced back from medication to medication and nothing really seems to relieve the pain all together, but you cope and keep pushing on. You take the good days when you have them.
I continue to do my comedy routine with my partner when we have the bookings and continue to work on my writings.
Hope you have enjoyed catching up with us!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment