Friday, July 23, 2010

Side Effects...

I visited the doctor today for some sinus problems that have hung around for to long. I checked in as normal and realized that I haven't been their since 2008, so we update so info that had changed. Once back in the room, medication that I have been taken were updated as well. If you know my medical history you are well aware of the many medicines I have been switched back and forth on in the past several years. That's been a crazy ride. Finally the doctor comes and is very friendly I may add, gives me the once over and I pretty much diagnosed myself and she came up with the drugs. Two shots and two oral pills to take for the next two weeks. By the way the shots are the reason I am up at 1:00 a.m. blogging. Feeling great, but can't sleep.
After leaving the dr. office I headed to get the meds filled and the went to pick up my son at his location in Winston. Waiting on him to get finished with his task I began to read the "possible side effect" of this medications:

  • constipation
  • diarrhea
  • gas
  • headache
  • lightheadedness
  • tiredness
  • nausea; or stomach pain
  • tarry stool
  • bloody stool
  • chest pain
  • decrease or painful urination
  • fainting
  • fast or irregular heartbeat
  • fever, chills
  • sore throat
  • unusual cough
  • hallucinations
  • inability to move or bear weight on a joint or tendon area
  • moderate or severe sunburn
  • mood or mental changes
  • muscle pain or weakness
  • nightmares

And the list goes on and on, but I've bored you enough already.

Seriously, I just went in for sinus relief. I'm weighing the odds on taking this medication. It just sounds to risky. I'm not a risk taker. My health is way to important.

Now if the side effects read something like this:

  • weight loss up to 20 lbs
  • discoloration of skin to a tan like look
  • possible highlight's to hair
  • lengthening of nails, with french manicure style
  • younger looking skin, up to 20 years

we may have a different story!!! I just may become a risk taker after all!!!

No comments: