Your hearts and minds must be made completely new, and you must put on the new self, which is created in God's likeness and reveals itself in the true life that is upright and holy." Ephesians 4:23-24 (TEV)
As I sit and look at the beautiful change of season, from summer to fall, I gasp and the gorgeous colors and can’t help to think that God has allowed us to see a little glimpse of Heaven. The chill in the air, I’m not so crazy about, but I do know certain things have to take place in order for God’s beauty to be discovered by our human eyes.
This reminds me of my spiritual life as God was drawing me in closer and closer to him. All though I had chosen to ask for forgiveness for my sins and accept Jesus as my Savior, didn’t mean that I would have a pure and blameless life from that point. It just meant that I was a work in progress. I was beginning on a journey to become more like God, to take on his characteristics and not the worlds. My heart and mind needed to transform as close to God’s thinking as I could possible get as a human. I had to acquire what Jesus had the love, patients, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control. And then the joy and peace would follow because I was obedient and faithful to God.
My journey as a Christian will never be complete here on earth, but will be complete when I see the face of my Heavenly Father, God. But I have to strive to have the new mind and heart, put on my new self which is created in God’s likeness while I’m here on earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment